Sunday, March 12, 2006

Xooglers jumps the shark

In the long tradition of Google naysaying, the wierdest is this Xooglers post (written by a now cashed out and retired Google employee) about how "it has always been a bit of a mystery to me why anyone bought Google's stock" mainly because it will never pay dividends. I don't expect everyone (or anyone, actually!) to understand the stock market's gyrations, but I think the most notable thing about Google has been it's earning power and it's employees have had more insight into that than anyone.

I'm a huge fan of Xooglers since the first post for the insights into what the early days at Google were like from a very personal and entertaining viewpoint.

Lately, however, it's been slow posting with at least one strange extended sidebar on being stuck in Peru. Yes I know it's written by different folk and no I don't want them to stop, but this particular post struck a note of dischord into the otherwise fun reading that must have hurt the main Xoogler and marketing guru, Doug Edwards, more than the stock's recent fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home